Cleaning and maintaining your SNOO mesh, mattress, and accessories is essential to keep your baby's sleeping environment safe and comfortable. Here's a detailed guide on how to effectively clean each part of your SNOO:
Cleaning SNOO Mesh:
If your baby's spit-up has ended up on the SNOO's mesh, don't worry. You can easily spot clean it.
- Use a soft, clean cloth and dampen it with warm water and a mild baby-safe cleanser.
- Gently clean the affected area, making sure not to saturate the mesh.
- Promptly clean up any messes to prevent stains from setting in.
- Never attempt to remove SNOO's mesh for soaking or washing for safety reasons.
- Avoid using bleach or abrasive cleaners on the mesh.
Liquid Spills on SNOO:
- If a liquid is spilled on or in SNOO, quickly blot it up with a towel or sponge.
- After blotting, follow the spot cleaning instructions mentioned above.
- Ensure SNOO is completely dry before placing the mattress and baby back in.
- You can use a hair dryer on a cool or warm setting (avoid hot!) to speed up drying if necessary.
Cleaning Between SNOO Mesh and Base:
- To clean between the mesh panels, locate the zipper at the head of SNOO and unzip it.
- Use a duster or a narrow vacuum nozzle to remove hidden dust or particles.
- You can wipe down the platform, base, and legs with hospital-safe cleaners like Reynard Disinfectant Wipes.
- Avoid using bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Cleaning SNOO Mattress and Mattress Cover:
- The SNOO mattress comes with a water-resistant cover, making clean-ups easier.
- Frequently check inside the mattress cover for signs of moisture and wipe up any spills.
- Remove the mattress cover and machine wash it in warm water with light-coloured items (avoid coloured items to prevent discolouration).
- Tumble dry the cover on a low heat setting and remove it promptly.
- Check under the mattress weekly for moisture and wipe it up.
- If the mattress itself needs cleaning, use mild soap and warm water. Place between two folded towels and apply pressure to remove excess water, then allow it to air dry completely before placing it back in the cover. Avoid washing the mattress in a washer and dryer to prevent damage.
Cleaning SNOO Sack:
- You can wash your baby's SNOO Sack when cleaning their SNOO sheets, usually every few days or once a week.
- Machine wash the SNOO Sack with similarly coloured items in warm or cold water (never hot) and avoid chlorine bleach.
- Before washing, attach the Velcro wings to each other and zip the sack completely to prevent damage to other items in the load.
- Air dry or tumble dry on a low heat setting, ensuring everything is completely dry before using.
Keeping SNOO Clean:
- Regularly inspect the mesh and clean any spots promptly to prevent stains.
By following these cleaning guidelines, you'll ensure that your SNOO remains a safe and hygienic sleeping environment for your baby.